August 25, 2012

Cherish

Smell the flowers

I don't know about you but it's about time I take a serious break. I'm not even talking about a physical break--I certainly don't need that. But I do need a mental break. I'm what you'd call a chronic worrier. I can sit and worry about certain things enough to make me stress eat for every day for the rest of my life!

 Although my worries this time aren't unfounded, I do need to take a break. I know I'm not doing to stop worry about this because it's an inevitable situation that will drastically change my life, but I need to stop and smell the roses--to see what I have now, not what I won't have in the future. I don't want to look back and realize I spent a year+ worrying instead of spending a year+ enjoying what I had.

So...here's a reminder to stop and enjoy what you have today. We get so caught up in the rat race and stressful situations that it's wonderful to just breathe every once in awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment